OCEANSIDE FIRE 800 MHz BACK UP REPEATER (City 4)

General area for posting frequencies and talkgroups for San Diego County. In this forum you will find some of the most up-to-date frequency/talkgroup notes and information about newly discovered systems.
Brian

OCEANSIDE FIRE 800 MHz BACK UP REPEATER (City 4)

Post by Brian »

So question is! Does anyone know that one freq ?

City-wide mobile radio coverage in the event of an RCS failure. This channel is only available on
Oceanside radios. The City 4 channel is located in the Conventional (CNV) zone and is
connected to a repeater located at Fire Mountain. To use City 4, Switch your radio to this
channel and put it into the repeated mode. You should have 100% mobile coverage throughout
the City and pretty good portable coverage west of College. If you cannot hit the repeater, try
the direct mode to another unit closer to Fire Mountain. Dispatch will monitor this frequency in
the event of a widespread RCS failure (“Failsoft”).

Source: http://sdnorthzone.net/Communications/R ... ctions.pdf
mike

Post by mike »

Anyone know the frequency?
jp186

Post by jp186 »

I am not positive, but I think it is 864.150. I have not heard anything on it, but I noticed the County of San Diego is licensed for this 800 mhz frequency on Fire Mountain. The City of Oceanside isn't licensed on any 800 mhz frequency as far as I know, leading me to believe that is the correct frequency.