SDPD to LED lightbars!

This forum is used for topics that specifically relate to the San Diego Police Department. Post here for topics about general SDPD scanning, information and terminology.
2912N

Post by 2912N »

SDSO perhaps...PD does not have any Chargers.
dangitdoug

Post by dangitdoug »

Like I said, I only caught a glimpse of it. I know SDSO's HQ is right around the corner from there. I was pretty sure I saw the back doors white also. That's why I thought it was one of yours. It was in front of the Seagull productions so it could have been a prop vehicle too. I'll keep my eyes open in the area and see if I can find it again.
2912N

Post by 2912N »

Dodge had one down here last year as a demo...sat in it...too cramped. Looks cool, but with all the crap we put in...
nobody33

Post by nobody33 »

2912N wrote:SDSO perhaps...PD does not have any Chargers.
Second that. No Chargers or anything besides Ford products at SDPD. I think the maintenance is too set of Ford products. Even one of the head mechanics is on the Ford Safety committee.. or something like that.

There are a few tahoes and and a couple older Impalas out there.. The impalas were tests I think, and the Tahoes are being phased out.

Theres a bunch of new PEO scooters coming out though.. all white now.
w6pix

Post by w6pix »

nobody33 wrote:
Second that. No Chargers or anything besides Ford products at SDPD. I think the maintenance is too set of Ford products. Even one of the head mechanics is on the Ford Safety committee.. or something like that.

There are a few tahoes and and a couple older Impalas out there.. The impalas were tests I think, and the Tahoes are being phased out.

Ya, one of the Impalas is assigned to Able base
Rescue Pooh

Post by Rescue Pooh »

Got a pic of it at the Air Show.
dangitdoug

Post by dangitdoug »

w6pix wrote:
nobody33 wrote:

Ya, one of the Impalas is assigned to Able base
I think that's what I saw Sean. I saw it again today on 8 east in El Cajon taking the 67 north. I work just north of Montgomery Field so I believe that is the one I saw.

See 2912, I knew I wasn't drinking and typing.............this time. lol
2912N

Post by 2912N »

Finally got around to taking a photo of one of the K9 rides...
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193 ... d-ltbr.jpg
mike

Post by mike »

Nice car.