SDFD Dispatch?

Topics about scanning the San Diego Fire Department. Here you can find regularly updated information about new stations, apparatus, news and other SDFD related material.
codethree

SDFD Dispatch?

Post by codethree »

Is it just me...or has TG 5008 gone dark. No dispatches heard over the past two hours, but plenty of responses noted on the command and tac channels. Have they changed TG IDs?
codethree

SDFD Dispatch - Never Mind

Post by codethree »

Never mind...just as I posted, a dispatch came through
w6pix

Post by w6pix »

You're still correct. 5008 is partially dark. The FD is doing some type of wierd patching. If you have an older trunk tracking scanner OR if you have a newer Uniden and you have STATUS BIT=OFF then it will not track the status bits correctly.

So far, you need to have 5008, 5011, 5015, 4695 in your scanlist to catch all of the FD dispatches for older TT'ers.

Full explanation of status bits (e.g. patches) can be found on the listing page of ScanDiego.com under /\/\otorola Status Bits
codethree

SDFD DISPATCH

Post by codethree »

Hey Sean:

I've got a new Pro-96 and haven't ever had any status bit issues. For example, it always picks up SO LG or Imp Beach dispatch. Any idead on what's going on?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

4688 is currently active with FD Dispatch ... Both the 296 and 246T have the Status Bit turned on but aren't receiving dispatch on 5008.

I could have sworn I heard dispatched on FD Admin (5168) earlier in the week as well.

- Mike
w6pix

Re: SDFD DISPATCH

Post by w6pix »

codethree wrote:Hey Sean:

I've got a new Pro-96 and haven't ever had any status bit issues. For example, it always picks up SO LG or Imp Beach dispatch. Any idead on what's going on?
That radio probably automatically sets the status bits by default, and maybe you can't even turn it off. I don't know why anyone would want to turn it off..
w6pix

Post by w6pix »

Mikey wrote:4688 is currently active with FD Dispatch ... Both the 296 and 246T have the Status Bit turned on but aren't receiving dispatch on 5008.

I could have sworn I heard dispatched on FD Admin (5168) earlier in the week as well.

- Mike
Interesting. I'll have to add that to my scanlist on the scanners. TKS
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

And now they're back on 5008 :shock:

They must be taking lessons from the CHP and their talkgroup hopping on RCS ;)
w6pix

Post by w6pix »

No one's switching around purposefully I think. For whatever criteria there is to patch this and that or that and this depending on the situation, the system is putting dispatches out with different TG patches.

No one I've talked to has a clue about it. I'm sure we'll figure it out in time.
codethree

SDFD DISPATCH

Post by codethree »

Well, I programmed in all the patched talkgroups and got dispatch back. I'm just puzzled since the Pro-96 doesn't allow you to turn status bit off and I just began having problems, although the patches have been in place for some time