New SDFD equipment

Topics about scanning the San Diego Fire Department. Here you can find regularly updated information about new stations, apparatus, news and other SDFD related material.
Lincoln3

Post by Lincoln3 »

Is 40 that relatively new station up by that swanky development Santa Luz? Trying to remember. LOL!
thefish

Sta 40 units

Post by thefish »

Station 40 is in Rancho Penasquitos across from the SDPD Northeast substation. Station 46 is in Santa Luz.

One of the new light and air units is slated for Station 40. I don't know how they're planning to fit it. The other will obviously go to Station 1.

John
jp186

Post by jp186 »

That Wildland Ultra XT has a 2400 gallon water tank on it. Are they going to use them as water tenders or brush rigs? The current water tenders are going on 25 years in service.
And on the topic of years in service, are any plans being made to replace Foam 28? It could go straight from station 28 to Pioneer Hook and Ladder with 47 years of service under its belt. It can skip the traditional Mexican vacation (some refer to it as "being sold to Tijuana Fire") prior to the museum.
Lincoln3

Post by Lincoln3 »

Appreciated there fishey :)
thefish

Ultra XT's, water tenders and foam rigs

Post by thefish »

The Ultra XT's will be used as brush rigs. The may well get secondary usage as water tenders. Pretty awesome rigs. The chassis was developed for racing the Paris to Dakar.

New water tenders are being looked at in the next few years.

And there are some very nebulous plans for a new foam rig. More of a wishful thinking thing right now.

With both water tenders and foam rigs, we'll just see how the cities finances go.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Drove by Station 28 today and saw one of the Ultra XTs ... the new Brush 14 is HUGE! Saw a brand new looking Brush 40 (I think) as well that looks similar to the CDF-style rigs (Model 14?)
thefish

Model 14's/Brush rigs

Post by thefish »

Yes, the new brush rigs (10, 34, 40 and um, one other) were designed to be very similar to the Model 14's built by several vendors. However there are some differences. Our rigs do not have wet sides. In othere words, the tank is not the bodywork. I believe they use a traditional pump rather than the hydrostatic. Etc.

I'll be driving one of the new rigs to Anaheim tomorrow for a Pierce show. Also I believe one will be at the Firehouse World show at the convention center next week. Buy a exhibition hall pass for $15 and take a look! Stop by the Emerald Society booth and buy a T-shirt!

John
jp186

Post by jp186 »

Steele

Post by Steele »

Mikey wrote:Drove by Station 28 today and saw one of the Ultra XTs ... the new Brush 14 is HUGE! Saw a brand new looking Brush 40 (I think) as well that looks similar to the CDF-style rigs (Model 14?)
I to drove by Station 28 (The Bone Yard) and saw another Ultra XT, looks like Brush 35, and if it's not here yet I believe there is one more Ultra XT coming soon. Sean Wolf has some great pix of Brush 14,
from the wildland drill 2006.

Steele 8)
Control

Post by Control »

A new E23 was delivered last week as well.

Didn't ask for details, and I was surprised, as the 'old' E23 wasn't really THAT old, as far as I could tell.