Helicopter rescue

Ongoing discussions regarding other fire dispatching in San Diego County including Heartland, NorthComm, Monte Vista, etc. Topics about general wildland fire scanning are also welcome here.
ChrisK

Helicopter rescue

Post by ChrisK »

If I never need to be rescued by helicopter around here I hope it's in the City of San Diego and not in the County. It takes forever for the County helicopters to respond to a rescue.

Rescue 84 requested helicopter assistance in Bear Valley at 11:00 this morning. It was 11:40 when Copter 10 took off from the Ramona Air Fair. Then they spent fifteen minutes on the ground in Pine Valley waiting for both ASTREA 1 and Copter 12 to arrive to transfer personnel for the rescue. They finally reached the scene at 12:20. It then took them 35 more minutes to accomplish the hoist lift to the helicopter. Then they had to transfer the patient to Mercy Air, which had been sitting on the ground for almost an hour waiting. Four helicopters were involved in the operation.

Copter 1 probably would have had that patient picked up and at the hospital in about an hour, even from Bear Valley.
Rescue Pooh

Post by Rescue Pooh »

I was on the call on Medic 17. We got the call about 5 min to 11 and left the LZ about 5 min to 1. Did'nt have to do a thing Copter 10 went to pick up the patient and landed next to Mercy Air when they got back and patient was transferred to them. We just sat and watched the copters land. I told my partner it was the 1st Annual Pine Valley Airshow.
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

HAHAHAHA
N6766J

Post by N6766J »

Rescue Pooh wrote:I was on the call on Medic 17. We got the call about 5 min to 11 and left the LZ about 5 min to 1. Did'nt have to do a thing Copter 10 went to pick up the patient and landed next to Mercy Air when they got back and patient was transferred to them. We just sat and watched the copters land. I told my partner it was the 1st Annual Pine Valley Airshow.
Pretty funny, Jeff. You guys really need to consider that we (CPTR1) have a paramedic (at least one) and can work independently of Cptr 10 & 12. We are obliged to allow Mercy Air to transport unless transferring the patient would cause undue delay. You can do it...We can help!

Was Cptr 1 available?
Rescue Pooh

Post by Rescue Pooh »

I think they were trying to see who they could get. I think Copter 1 was available.