Cabrillo Monument question

This area can be used to talk about San Diego federal radio scanning. This includes Border Patrol, Homeland Security, DEA, FBI and other 3 letter agencies.
radioPrescott

Cabrillo Monument question

Post by radioPrescott »

Was over at Cabrillo Sunday when they had a rescue at the tidepools, a leg injury requiring extrication.

I heard it dispatched on the NAVSTA-PT Loma freq (140.825) as well as the Federal Fire system. Interesting to note that there was no activity on the posted Cabrillo Monument freq of 171.750.

I looked at there LE cars which had 800 MHz antennas, and there portables looked like they had 800 MHz antennas. The maintenance crews had VHF antennas on their portables. A base antenna at the Visitor Center looks like an 800MHZ as well.

So are they on RCS, and if so what talk groups?
jkphotog1

San Diego Regional Naval System System

Post by jkphotog1 »

140.825 146.2 Point Loma Naval Base Police

San Diego Regional Naval System System

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=812
mike

Post by mike »

I know someone who works at the sub base in point loma and if any of you want I could try to find out some more info from him if you want?
radioPrescott

Re: San Diego Regional Naval System System

Post by radioPrescott »

jkphotog1 wrote:..Point Loma Naval Base Police San Diego Regional Naval System System...
Thanks jphotog1.
I was listening to Pt Loma NAVSTA (as well as Regional Fire on the trunked system) but couldn't catch the NPS ID. Do you know how Cabrillo IDs on the Regional system?

Makes sense that the 800 radios are for mtual aid then...

John
radioprescott