Antenna project

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
timca

Antenna project

Post by timca »

About 5 weeks ago I purchased a PRO-2096 and have been enjoying listening to the county TRS. I live in Escondido and can receive the north zone (863.15 ctrl) with no problems using the stock antenna indoors. At some point in time I decided that it would be fun to listen to the south zone (868.4125 ctrl). I quickly learned that this was going to be impossible using the supplied antenna.

I decided to build an eleven element yagi tuned for 865 MHz. I used a scrap piece of 1x1 lumber and some 12-gauge solid copper wire (Romex). I included a half wavelength phasing section at the dipole feed point to bring the impedance down from roughly 300Ohms to 50.

After some minor adjustments I am very happy with the antenna. It’s very directional and allows me to hear the south zone very well from my location.

This is a cool site and I find myself using it almost every day. Thank you and keep up the good work!

-Tim
KG6IIE
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

Good antenna's everything.

What about ???????????

Post by 31 »

868.9250 thats the east simulcast