CHP On RCS...

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
n2deep

CHP On RCS...

Post by n2deep »

I would like to know if chp on rcs is on east zone or south zone. Thanks in advance.
Rescue Pooh

Post by Rescue Pooh »

You can get them on both, but I listen to them on South

Even north some times

Post by 31 »

Even north some times.
SDnative

Post by SDnative »

They are on all three loops. I am in El Cajon, and as long as North comes in, I can hear them on all three.
w6pix

Re: Carlsbad CHP from Brawley

Post by w6pix »

marylee1126 wrote:I heard normal chp stuff today here in Brawley but heard also chp in carlsbad talking about cones and lanes to block off etc..etc.. at la costa ave which is obviously 5 frwy in carlsbad lacosta i told my husband and he said im on crack and theres no way i heard that ok.. im not on crack . but- its possible right? an accidental thing ? or towers were busy so it was off a tower up on juilian or somethin?
im not super saavy with transmitions but i know what i heard and i lived off alga so know the area---- talk about reception?! ha ha what can u guys tell me so i can tell my husband hes full of *hit... (joking)
gracias!
mary lee :roll:
Not at all (crazy). CHP on Low-band VHF will travel very far. In fact, it's often heard cross country during the right conditions.

You were probably hearing the CHP TAN 39.800

In the city (San Diego) I can listen to CHP in LA, Orange, San Berdu, and Riverside easily. I can often, in certain places, hear your CHP (El Centro)
brandon
Site Admin

Post by brandon »

Low band is amazing.
I remember picking up CHP El Cajon 39.600 from I-8 east of Yuma, AZ. The Copper also gets out... it can be picked up from San Diego all the way past Stateline.

I'm able to get El Centro here. Not too bad considering I'm at the base hills that block reception to my southeast.