County RCS Pager Freq(s)?

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
SkipSanders

County RCS Pager Freq(s)?

Post by SkipSanders »

Anyone out there happen to know what the County's pagers are on?

It seems the new RCS system will be on the same channels, or nearly, since they say the old pagers will work, but there's no county frequency that's actually showing a license for pagers (more than a few).

155.940 has some of the rural fire/ambulance pages (such as Valley Center), but it's clearly not the 'main' pager system.

Anyone got one on their hip to look at? <grin>
mike

Post by mike »

155.940 is Sig Alert and CHP uses it.
mike

Post by mike »

I hear 154.085 as a pager but im not sure who uses it.
SkipSanders

Post by SkipSanders »

154.085 is San Diego Fire's pager, but it's soo ancient (GOLAY) that nothing currently available will decode it anymore.

Well, Ok, there is one program, but it requires pre-XP and a data slicer, neither of which I have. And they're supposed to be moving to the county system along with everyone else, since they can't buy pagers for it anymore.
mike

Post by mike »

San Diego fire is switching from the city radios to the county?
SkipSanders

Post by SkipSanders »

Well, it's still rumor, but the RCS paging system meeting notes indicate a large number of local agencies are joining the county paging system, and SDFire is in bad need of update.
Control

Post by Control »

Sorry this is late, but...

The County uses a commercial paging service. I can't tell you HOW I know, but I'm certain of it.
SkipSanders

Post by SkipSanders »

I had thought that was a possibility, but the RCS minutes keep talking about them installing new transmitters at all the sites, and stuff, which doesn't match up. Ah, well.

Guess I can't listen to them, if they're on a Common Carrier. That would be illegal. <piously>

Post by 800 »

Control wrote:Sorry this is late, but...

The County uses a commercial paging service. I can't tell you HOW I know, but I'm certain of it.
True, for *those staff members who need to be paged outside of the county.*

Otherwise, it's the County system on 155.940.

SkipSanders

Post by SkipSanders »

I did confirm that 155.94 is also the Sigalert paging frequency, happened to catch a pageout.

I imagine that if you wanted to monitor sigalerts, you could use CTCSS to hear only the tone alerted sigalerts, and not all the pocsag paging.