County RCS Pager Freq(s)?

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
w6pix

Post by w6pix »

SkipSanders wrote:I did confirm that 155.94 is also the Sigalert paging frequency, happened to catch a pageout.

I imagine that if you wanted to monitor sigalerts, you could use CTCSS to hear only the tone alerted sigalerts, and not all the pocsag paging.
I've asked someone once if the sigalert had PL and was told no.

Have you found a PL Skip? that would be cool if it had one......

Nice to add to the scan list
SkipSanders

Post by SkipSanders »

I didn't check for one, just happened to have the audio on when a sigalert went out, I think two tones, then the sig audio.

One could use the newer scanners with tone signal detect in non-scan to pick them up, but that seems overkill.

Without CTCSS, though, I'd wonder how they keep the sigalert receivers quiet AFTER the sigalert goes out, since regular POCSAG paging instantly resumes, and that'd drive the sig receiver users NUTS.
Brian

Post by Brian »

When I checked 155.940 last few time I listen to it. I couldn't find a ctcss tone.
OSW

Post by OSW »

Possibly traditional voice paging as they can run along a standard paging channel. Not the same as like a Minitor so the Unidens would not work (i.e., doesn't use QuickCall signaling).
eatnews

Life Alert

Post by eatnews »

OSW wrote:Possibly traditional voice paging as they can run along a standard paging channel. Not the same as like a Minitor so the Unidens would not work (i.e., doesn't use QuickCall signaling).
"Life Alert" Was established in 1983 for disaster response. The Life Alert reciever is a blue Moto 2tone pager/rcvr, that runs on 120vac.

In the olden days we got a weekly test, from county OES/ Station-X.

L.I.F.E was activated during the San Ysidro Shootout.

Nowdays.....
L.I.F.E is a pain in the ass...
The radios have not been updated since 1982, the units emit the most annoying tone that 99% of all users turn off, or destroy the radio.

The cool thing about 155.940 (KMEN-624) is you can track all the SDSO SWAT callouts if you have a slicer.

Paco
mike

Post by mike »

I thought ''life alert'' was the thing the elderly wear so if an emergency happens to them they can push the button?
SkipSanders

Post by SkipSanders »

Small addition to SD City Paging, I've found they're now paging on 155.685 in addition to the older 154.085

Unfortunately, still all in GOLAY paging mode.
Control

Post by Control »

[quote="mike"]I thought ''life alert'' was the thing the elderly wear so if an emergency happens to them they can push the button?[/quote]

The County came up with 'LIFE', it is short for 'Lifesaving Information For Emergencies' r something close.
mike

Post by mike »

Oh I see.
Control

Post by Control »

[quote="mike"]I thought ''life alert'' was the thing the elderly wear so if an emergency happens to them they can push the button?[/quote]

'LIFE alert' was one of those cute acronyms, stands for
Lifesaving
Information
For
Emergencies.