Stay as far away from the Mud Shack as you can

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
Mav7200

Post by Mav7200 »

N6ATF wrote:Billed as "the only CB shop in San Diego county", contributing to CB having a bad name. If he truly was installing a program to hack encrypted federal gov transmissions, then he would be going to federal prison right quick. I wonder how many enforcement actions the FCC has against this place.
True, it seems to me that I heard back in my CB days that they were installing the frequency sliders and illegal amps in some radios. I asked him exactly what was being changed on the radios, he said that they change the program to receive things that one normally wouldn't receive. I asked him if he was actually changing the chips on the board and he said no. Then I asked him if it was something people couldn't normally get or if it was just knowing the freqs to enter in the radio. He said it was just knowing the freqs. I think it was a crock myself. I have been into radios and electronics since I was about 16 and have a good nose for BS. First flag was the "secret service" background check.
mike

Post by mike »

I first started scanning when I was 14 and I know whats true and whats not and that is all BS what he has said about all the background checks and some of that other crap he says.
Rescue Pooh

Post by Rescue Pooh »

The scary part is Mud Shack has been around for God knows how long. I actually went there I believe in 1991 to buy a Scan Fan book. I talked to Roger and yes the guy is a total quack. That place should be called The Sh*t Shack.
brandon
Site Admin

Post by brandon »

I've been a MudShack once, a long time ago, and the only thing I remember was a rude staff with an attitude, that acted as if shopping there was a "special privilege". Needless to say I did not buy anything and never went back.
mike

Post by mike »

[quote="Rescue Pooh"]yes the guy is a total quack. That place should be called The Sh*t Shack.[/quote]

LOL :lol:
Mav7200

Post by Mav7200 »

Update to the BS:

This morning (just a second ago actually) Roger called me and said hi this is roger so and so from the Mudshack. I siad yeah is my check in the mail? He said no, that my scanner is here with my name on it since thursday and to come and pick it up. I said you have got to be kidding me. I told him that he had better remember what the discussion was on Thursday and that I am getting my money back. He said that I had spoken with his son (also named Roger allegedly) And that he (on the phone this morning) had just gotten off a plane in from washington DC. I went ballistic. I told him that whoever called me from the 202 number on Thursday had promised me my money back in a check this week. The guy on the phone said that he wasn't going to do that. So I called him a pathological lying piece of sh*t and that that he was going to be hearing from an attorney.

So now, we get to call the credit card company and deal with it. If they don't do anything I will be filing a small claims action against him. This is such BS.
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

202 is D.C.
Mav7200

Post by Mav7200 »

I found that out today as well. I just filed the complaint with the better business bureau. Whats happening is that Roger wants to try and back pedal his way out of giving me my money back. What a piece of sh*t this guy is. Anyone know how to get the word out to more people? Also, does anyone have a way to find out if the guy does actually have a son?
SDnative

Post by SDnative »

Roger may have more problems than he knows. I can not find any record of a Fictitious Business Name with the county, which is required, unless you are using your own name for the business name. They may not have a city license either. If you get his last name, you can check the city's website MasterBusinessListing to see if they have a city license.

You may want to contact the City or District Attorney's offices, to see if they can help. I believe both have a consumer advocate type persons.

The BBB should take your complaint and perhaps act as a referee.

Good Luck :!:
Mav7200

Post by Mav7200 »

I beleive his last name is Williams? I know he also has Mudshack INC out in Vegas. I can't seem to find that list or anything like it on the City's website. Still looking though.