Lo-Jack Chasing

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
w6pix

Post by w6pix »

318 wrote:I advise aginst a 'group'... The last thing PD needs is a bunch of looky-loos in the area while they are trying to conduct a hot-stop...

True... you, me, 120 do it sometimes, but that is just the three of us...

My two cents...

~318
I didn't even take that "group" idea seriously... I think Batman was just trolling for response. (Fire for Effect!) Duh!
Batman2150

Lo-Jack chasing

Post by Batman2150 »

It might actually be a benefit to the PD if several of us were simply monitoring the Lo-Jack channel and just notifying them when we hear a signal. Only a few PD, SO and CHP cars are Lo-Jack equipped. So if they get a "tip" from one of us they can move a Lo-Jack car into the area and possibly bag a car thief they otherwise wouldn't.

Most of us still scan some things on VHF so why not throw in 173.075 on an empty channel.

Just leave the actual "chasing" to the police, and to kooks like Batman.

Scandus Monitorus Radiovum,

Batman
Batman2150

Lo-Jack

Post by Batman2150 »

Oh, and before you start calling the PD know what you're listening to on 173.075.
Every 10 minutes or so Lo-Jack sends out short "blurps" from their mountaintop transmitters to activate any Lo-Jacks that need to be activated. These short "blurps" are not stolen cars so don't call anyone.
When you hear a signal from a car it will be a near contiuous "blurping" that is higher pitched than the short activation signals.

Lo-Jack uses Motorola MDC digital signalling to activate and identify Lo-Jack transmitters. That's what the "blurping" noise is.

Batman
w6pix

Post by w6pix »

kook-o kook-0 kook-o

Post by 318 »

Hehehehe..... :lol:
Batman2150

Koo-Koo

Post by Batman2150 »

Yes, Batman is koo-koo. That's what's fun about being BAT-MAN!