Fleetmaps

Ongoing discussions regarding other fire dispatching in San Diego County including Heartland, NorthComm, Monte Vista, etc. Topics about general wildland fire scanning are also welcome here.
Control

Re: Fleetmaps

Post by Control »

[quote="31"]3) State parks works with them but state parks didn't get the new programming yet so there is lots of confusion.[/quote]

That will cure itself over time.

By THAT time, some cubicle-dwelling suit will come up with a NEW stupid change, and it'll start all over again.

Post by 31 »

Now will all the letters and numbers be standard with all fire agencys in the RCS?
w6kru

Post by w6kru »

31 wrote:Anyone other than me hearing all the bitching about the fleet map from the agencys out east?

1) Inland dispatch don't seem to really no who has new or old programming.
2) Half of the ILF fire agencys can't seem to figure out there dispatch went from the top of the bank now to the bottom IE: 5-M
3) State parks works with them but state parks didn't get the new programming yet so there is lots of confusion.
4) West shores didn't get the new programming yet either.
5) Wonder if the east county AMR rigs got radio updates yet?
I heard an incident this morning where most, if not all of this, was discussed. I found it kind of strange that I knew more about the radios than the guys having the discussion. They were going to have a meeting about it, I think.
RescueKujo

Post by RescueKujo »

800 wrote:
31 wrote:5) Wonder if the east county AMR rigs got radio updates yet?
Dunno.
I'll try to find out when I go back to work Wednesday...or maybe Jeff (RescuePooh) can let us know...

Post by 800 »

31 wrote:Now will all the letters and numbers be standard with all fire agencys in the RCS?
Yes, AND the City of San Diego.

Post by 800 »

RescueKujo wrote:
800 wrote:
31 wrote:5) Wonder if the east county AMR rigs got radio updates yet?
Dunno.
I'll try to find out when I go back to work Wednesday...or maybe Jeff (RescuePooh) can let us know...
I've been off for two weeks (vacation). I'm back in tomorrow morning.

Don
Rescue Pooh

Post by Rescue Pooh »

Supposedly we'll be getting our radios reprogrammed sometime this month. Is it just me or does anyone else find it weird how the TG's are set up for Heartland? The old way Cmd followed by 2 Tacs and now they have it Tac, Cmd and Tac?
jp186

Post by jp186 »

Rescue Pooh wrote:Supposedly we'll be getting our radios reprogrammed sometime this month. Is it just me or does anyone else find it weird how the TG's are set up for Heartland? The old way Cmd followed by 2 Tacs and now they have it Tac, Cmd and Tac?
If you think that throws you off, wait until they follow North Comms lead and have everybody responding on tac instead of command.

Post by 31 »

Look whare HFD & ILF have the Disp in space (m) WTF ILF uses it constantly but HFD never dose so now go to the end to talk to disp and the front to talk on cmd?
jp186

Post by jp186 »

31 wrote:Look whare HFD & ILF have the Disp in space (m) WTF ILF uses it constantly but HFD never dose so now go to the end to talk to disp and the front to talk on cmd?
They don't want units talking on dispatch. That is why they created a "zone" channel (5A) for the Inland agencies, to stop them from talking on Dispatch 2.