Monte Vista Dispatch Stations and Apparatus

Topics about scanning the San Diego Fire Department. Here you can find regularly updated information about new stations, apparatus, news and other SDFD related material.
sdpirate

Monte Vista Dispatch Stations and Apparatus

Post by sdpirate »

Hi folks,
I'm new to fire/rescue scanning and in a deep dive learning about the various San Diego County dispatching agencies and their jurisdictions. I've figured out most of the stations and many of the apparatus for Northcomm, Heartland, Metro (both SDFD/Poway as well as those agencies on the RCS) and Escondido from many sources. But Monte Vista information remains elusive. I know they dispatch for the Country Fire Authority, CALFIRE, Cleveland National Forest etc. Does anyone have the definitive list of stations and apparatus for stations dispatched by Monte Vista? The latest I have been able to cobble together is from listening, the CFA website, some CALFIRE info from their website, USFS website, USF&WS website, and of course 2008 edition of the Southern California Frequency Directory (which is really showing its age now). Anything you can point me to would help.
Thanks,
Mike
Mikey

Re: Monte Vista Dispatch Stations and Apparatus

Post by Mikey »

I don't know if this helps you at all, but here's a list of stations in the county that includes both CAL FIRE and county stations

http://www.sandiegocounty.gov/content/s ... tions.html
sdpirate

Re: Monte Vista Dispatch Stations and Apparatus

Post by sdpirate »

Thanks for the response. Yes, I had run across that list and used it as a starting point. I've since discovered that it was missing Julian Stations 56/57, Borrego Springs 91, and possibly Mesa Grande Reservation Fire #62 and La Jolla Reservation Fire #78. It appears that Dulzura #35 and Potrero #39 have closed. Got any ideas where apparatus info might be gathered? Other than driving to 47 different fire stations?

And I just noticed that I posted this in the wrong forum. Sorry about that.

Thanks,
Mike