Prime Cell 1800 mAh Battery

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
jjwool

Prime Cell 1800 mAh Battery

Post by jjwool »

Anyone out there have any experience with Prime Cell 1800 mAh battery that can be used with the Uniden BC250D or the company? I tried ordering one on line and inquiring with their phone line, but have received no response.

Tks in advance for any responses! :)
Control

Re: Prime Cell 1800 mAh Battery

Post by Control »

[quote="jjwool"]Anyone out there have any experience with Prime Cell 1800 mAh battery that can be used with the Uniden BC250D or the company? I tried ordering one on line and inquiring with their phone line, but have received no response.
[/quote]

Go to www.batteriesamerica.com, and look in the ham radio section for the BP120xs. It's 2300mah, and last time I looked, it was $23.
jjwool

Re: Prime Cell 1800 mAh Battery

Post by jjwool »

Control wrote:
jjwool wrote:Anyone out there have any experience with Prime Cell 1800 mAh battery that can be used with the Uniden BC250D or the company? I tried ordering one on line and inquiring with their phone line, but have received no response.
Go to www.batteriesamerica.com, and look in the ham radio section for the BP120xs. It's 2300mah, and last time I looked, it was $23.
Recently, finally got a reply from Primecell. They phoned me and advised they had been having computer issues. They took my order and I received it in about a week. Seem to be nice people to do business with. The battery I ordered is a Scan-Max Rechargeable Battery, SMX 4.8 Volt, 2600 mAh NIMh for Uniden 4.8 V scanners and chargers. I believe it was 19.95 plus shipping.

Initial charge time was 24 hours. Max charge rate 200 mA - 24 hours.